Follow these steps to stop people from adding you to WhatsApp groups without permission. :-
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone and tap the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right.
- Next, tap Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Now tap Groups and select one of the three given options — Everyone, My Contacts, orMy Contacts Except….
- If you select Everyone, anyone can add you in groups.
- Selecting My Contacts only allows your contacts to add you in WhatsApp groups.
- Finally, the third option My Contacts Except lets you allow only selected people to add you to WhatsApp groups.